Monday, April 2, 2012

On Location: Epping, New Hampshire

I drove down to Seacoast United's field complexes in Epping, New Hampshire yesterday to watch a couple games between the hosts and the New York Red Bulls youth academy teams.

I hadn't fully appreciated the quality of youth soccer that's played just 75 minutes away from my home in Maine until I saw the Red Bulls rout Seacoast's U-17/18 team 5-0. The U-15/16 teams were scoreless when I left with a couple minutes remaining in the first half.

The Red Bulls' U-17/18 team, which is ranked by Top Drawer Soccer (TDS) as the No. 45 team in the country, features four players on their roster who are recognized as being in the top 65 in the U.S. by TDS, and their U-15/16 team features a couple players ranked in the top 20 in their age group:

U-17/18
No. 22: Brandon Allen (Georgetown)
No. 51: Ross Tetro (Rutgers)
No. 52: Mael Corbez (Rutgers)
No. 62: Scott Thomsen (Virginia)

U-15/16
No. 7: Adam Nejam
No. 16: Alex Muyl

After my experience yesterday, I've circled June 16 on my calendar. The New England Revolution's youth academy teams (ranked at No. 14 and 19, respectively) will be traveling to Epping to take on Seacoast.

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment